|50 Ways To Use Your Website
A website is the most versatile and
cost-effective marketing tool on the market. It is also an investment.
After all, you are building a shopfront. In a nutshell, you can use your
Enhance your professional image
1. Look professional and as BIG
as large corporations.
2. Pre-sell yourself to new clients
even before you meet them.
3. Supply a meaningful and intuitive
address related to your type of service. It is easier to remember www.hostingonline.com
rather than a long ISP email address such as www.yourInternetServiceProvidername.com/~yourwebsite
4. Provide a permanent address with
up-to-date contact details and opening hours. You can change Internet Service
Provider or move physical premises and your customers will always find
you and your marketing efforts are not lost.
Boost confidence in your business
5. Demonstrate your knowledge and
expertise with tips, articles and editorials.
6. Build your credibility by displaying
awards and providing testimonials.
7. Encourage potential clients.
A free web hosting address can look dubious and show less commitment to
8. Give staff details to humanise
your business, to show that you are "real" people.
9. Provide background information
on your business.
Provide current and useful information
10. Publish a catalogue or portfolio
of your products and services.
11. Inform your visitors about the
benefits and applications of your products.
12. Categorise information according
to target audiences. For example, discuss benefits of a dishwasher to potential
buyers and give installation instructions to installers.
13. Arrange table of comparisons
of product specifications and prices to help your client's decision making.
14. Publish a newsletter.
15. List upcoming products, services,
16. Sell directly to customers without
17. Take orders when clients are
18. Generate extra income with affiliate
programs and sponsorships.
19. Sell advertising space eg banners.
20. Provide enrolment forms and
applications for membership.
Save on operational costs
21. Open your shopfront extended
hours - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year - at no extra cost.
22. Produce high-impact online coloured
brochures that would be too expensive to print.
23. Save printing and mailing costs
on newsletters, brochures and reports.
24. Update information regularly
without incurring printing costs.
25. Save time on phone calls by
providing answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ).
26. Advertise your job vacancies.
27. Shorten your sales cycle by
streamlining your operations.
Expand your client base.
28. Expand your reach to new global
29. Collect names and addresses
using viral marketing eg "Tell a friend".
30. Send special reports to visitors
who provide you with their contact details.
31. Link with suppliers, clients
or complementary businesses to attract more traffic to your website.
32. Increase client base with special
offers and newsletter subscriptions.
Implement promotional activities
33. Link offline and online advertising
and promotion to feed on each other.
34. Use email marketing and save
on direct mailing costs.
35. Experiment with new promotional
ideas and measure their effectiveness.
36. Create loyalty programs for
repeat clients eg vouchers, special offers.
Create a favourable public image
37. Provide a list of links to promote
your partners and associations.
38. Promote your community spirit
39. Publicise your environmentally
40. Provide a press media kit.
Improve your level of customer
41. Display your policies and warranties.
42. Maintain visibility with regular
email invitations to view new online information or promotion.
43. Provide a user guide with a
44. Allow your customers to view
and change their account details and pay invoices.
45. Improve your after-sales service
with follow ups and feedback forms.
46. Archive information. You can
make available past issues of newsletters and user guides of dated products.
Obtain information for market
47. Collect information from visitors
(eg age group, preferences).
48. Gather information from suggestion
forms to develop new products or improve existing ones.
49. Test and evaluate new products
without spending big dollars.
50. Use surveys to obtain primary
data for researches and reports.
Marketing Cues extra tip
Use multiple domain (or subdomain)
names to differentiate products and services, measure promotion effectiveness
and attract more traffic to your website. For example, www.product1.com,
www.product2.com and www.service1.com could all point towards the same
Reseller Plan Detail
Your own Name Server
alias ie. ns1.domain.com, ns2.domain.com
Control panel for
Access to manage
your accounts online
Setup Fees on all accounts